"James Domel" Winter Cook-off
(Feb 9-10, 2018)
Grand Champion - Russel Bennight (Jokers with Smokers)
Reserve Champion - Dean Dukes (Dukes Pepper Co.)
Full cook-off results
Post 447 Summer Cook-off
Grand Champion - Jerred Burke
Reserve Champion - Brad Fowles
Full cook-off results
Have a question?
Trophies awarded to...
'Post' Grand Champion
'Post' Reserve Champion
1st - 3rd place (each main category)
Ribbons awarded to...
4th - 10th place (each main category)
Entry Form & Rules
...entry forms can be mailed or delivered to a bartender at the Post
Frequently Asked Questions
- WE STILL HAVE OPENINGS!!! Fill out the entry form above and drop it off at the Legion Hall. A bartender will ensure it gets to us. Our hours of operation are: 11 AM - 9 PM Mon-Sat and Noon - 7 PM on Sunday. We accept cash or checks made payable to "American Legion Post 447." A "Legion Cook-off" note is helpful and appreciated
- BBQ spots are generally 25' x 30'. Water will be available, bring your generator
- RULES: our event is sanctioned by Lone Star Barbecue Society. LSBS rules will govern this event in addition to the American Legion Post 447 rules set forth above. Please read over the LSBS rules prior to the event
- RIBS: Per LSBS rules, baby backs CANNOT be used. St. Louis style and spare ribs are acceptable
- CHICKEN: chicken must arrive at the cook-off site whole. Cooks will turn in 1/2 of a whole chicken
- JACKPOT: jackpot category is not sanctioned and can be anything...NO DESSERTS!
- PINTO BEANS (if applicable): you can enter the LSBS Pinto Beans category up until you've gone through meat inspection, so don't fret...you still have time. It's the best deal out there...so if you haven't entered you might want to rethink your decision. Cooks must be entered in the cook-off to enter the pinto beans category
- JUDGING: our judging is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Some years we have more volunteers than others, but we're always on the lookout for talented tasters. We limit each judge to two categories, but may make exceptions based on participation and need. Sign-up sheets will be posted at the Legion Hall a couple days prior to the event. You can also sign up by emailing us
Thank You Cook-off Sponsors!!! ...their support helps make these events successful...